Friday 14 November 2014

Breakfast at Tashkonak Hotel


Tashkonak Hotel's breakfast room has undergone not only a relocation but also a breathtaking makeover.This area used to be the garden where guests would mingle in the evening.



If the rooftop diner used to look like a homely kitchen before, today, what with the jawdropping Turkish ceramic art on the wall, it almost resembles a Sultan's mini kitchen.


See what I mean ? 
Exudes the grandeur of old these attractive works of art.


With little touches of modernity like these pretty flowers in a metallic painted pot.


Coming to the breakfast buffet, to me it deserves a 5 star billing.
If I were left alone here, I would demolish all of the aubergines, peppers, bittergourds and eggs. Ah, but I'm afraid of looking like a complete glutton. Sadly I have to control my urge to stuff myself


Cold selection.
 Looks like something straight out of the pages of a glossy cookbook but tastes far better.


Jam made from real rose petals .
My absolute favourite. Never, ever leave Istanbul without trying this ! 


Doesn't this resemble a great picnic ?
Cookies are a new addition. Much preferred the old butter cake recipe to today's one.


Whoever is in charge of the kitchen, sure knows how to pick the juiciest, tangiest, firmest and sweetest fruits of the lot.
They've made it easy for us and gone the extra mile, one bowl even features cut fruits.....now all we have to do is eat !


This morning however, I'm not into fruits. Below is my selection.
Grilled aubergines and chilli peppers, various varieties of olives, 2 slices of cake, 1 cookie , 1 small mozarella, yummy half boiled eggs ( delish), potato salad, 2 kinds of cucumber dishes, fruits.....this to me, is one of the best breakfastses in the world !


What the breakfast room looks like from the outside ....the only place for me to enjoy one of the most homely and divinely delicious Turkish breakfast ever .


Location : Kucukayasofya, Istanbul, Turkey 

Website : www.hoteltashkonak.com 

2 comments:

ZaridaIshak said...

Have a nice day...

gostansikit said...

Thanks Yang Baik Ishak :)