Thursday 20 November 2014

Cay under the trees - Kariye Pembe Kosk Cafe & Restaurant


You can't miss this cafe as it's situated just across the entrance to the Chora Church. If elsewhere a glass of Cay or Turkish tea costs 1 Lira, well , one has to cough up 2.50 Lira for one unrefillable cuppa here .




Normally , I would shy away from such an establishment. But somehow, I'm drawn in and I don't regret paying more because as look up from where I'm seated , here I am under the canopy of falling leaves.


This rustic Turkish tea culture thing can get pretty addictive especially under such lovely conditions.


Cradling a warm cuppa on a blustery autumn's day, tucked away in this little corner of Istanbul , is an experience that's definitely worth paying an extra 1.50 lira for.
I mean, that's ok by me. Don't know about you.


Location : opposite the Chora Church, Istanbul

No comments: