Thursday 20 November 2014

Treated like a VIP at Seyidoglu


Done visiting the Chora Church, we headed back out towards Fatih. The sky was threatening to pour and so we ran in here, partly looking for refuge yet at the same time wondering if we could find a bite since silly me misinterpreted the word Pasta for noodles.


Like most Baklava shops, the interior is sooooo glam and utterly luxurious. From the floor tiles, to the fixtures, chandeliers, winding red carpetted stairs, wooden floorboards, plush chairs, even paper placemats...this place is downright gorgeous 


On this middle landing were two rooms filled with executives. Not hard to see why this area is their top pick .


I was personally ushered to the rooftop with beautiful wrought iron garden furniture, by the manager. He really fussed over us. Imagine that ! I tell you, they really know how to treat customers like VIPs in Istanbul. He actually waited till we had decided and from then on had a waiter on hand to attend to our every need.


Don't get me started on the cutlery and tableware oooohhh....you should just hold the elegant fork and knife in your hands. 
Never mind that, I ordered Tomato Soup and when it came served in this ....I was in heaven ! 



Yummy strings of mozarella went extremely well with this soup. Swear I could drink copious amounts of this alone.


No, it's not Christmas and it's not from the pages of a Jamie Oliver cookbook. How meals are presented here. Epic.
Cruttons, tomatoes, bite sized pieces of well marinated kebabs on a bed of yogurt mixed with fine olive oil. Though the meat was a bit too well done, it was incredibly addictive, that even as I am typing this I can still remember the savoury aromatic flavour !


While this Cheeseburger can seriously give Hard Rock Cafe a run for it's money, the fries are to die for.


Instead of going back out through the front door, I went out the side garden where I found these pretty white wrought iron garden furnitures


Could not resist taking a pic of the counter so in I went again.


 We received 2 cute little boxes of baklava . While baklava is not my favourite dessert, after trying this out, I will consider buying it as it is not so sweet that my tooth feels as if it will break. Just nice !


Last look at the beauuuutiful placemat and the elegant cutlery I was raving about earlier. 


Location : opposite the Mihrimah Mosque , Edirnekapi, Istanbul 

No comments: