Thursday 20 November 2014

Siirt Seref - Aryan with Lamb Buryan after dark


Not even a slight drizzle could keep me away from Siirt Seref. 
I did not walk all the way from Seyidoglu on a full stomach just to be turned off into coming. Along the way, I found a great jacket at De Facto, changed some Euros at one of the most bloodsucking moneychangers whose rate was worse than the airport, made a little girl smile , bumped into a family in despair who sought refuge at a small camii, and came across an old man waving what I think was a Kurdish flag. By the time we reach the Valens Aqueduct, it is around 5:30 pm. The row of cay sippers are nowhere to be found .





This man is like the Father Christmas of crispy skinned lamb to me. Can't tell you how glad I am to see him . Today, however, I decide to sit outside as I want to enjoy the nice cold wind. I am soon deluged by a cloud of horrible Malboro which makes me choke. Fine Lamb Buryan
smoked with Malboro....sigh, next time, if there ever will be a next time, I'm a sweating it out inside. 


Finally tried the Aryan. Quite refreshing. Drink from the ladle directly or scoop it out into a cup if you prefer. 


The second helping of lamb buryan.  No, I was not being greedy but you'll soon see why I had to 


When my order arrived I was pretty pissed to see that it had no skin on. Do I look like I'm on a diet ?
Bah. I came here for the lamb skin and I'm gonna get it no matter what. You should have seen the dumbfounded look on the waiter , he thought I wanted to do a takeaway but no I insisted on a second helping. Skeeeeeennnn on please. No, I don't care if you think I'm being greedy . Uhuh.
Chew girl. Come on , you can do it. They on the other hand looked really concerned. I think they probably thought I'd been possessed or something. On the contrary, I'm Malaysian. Totally .


The waiter's eyebrows shot up upon hearing that we wanted   
to try the spicy kebab.
Still he complied with our request but in the end, my travel mate much preferred stealing the lamb off my plate.
No surprise in that.


Location : Little Kurdistan, Istanbul


No comments: