Tuesday 2 December 2014

Pasta Imperiale - found without needing an internet connection


Found this pasta place with my smartphone, without needing an internet connection. All I did was switch on my location and go through Rome, the city I had pre downloaded before flying here, search the map for attractions and I was able to see the reviews even when off line 


Because location services was turned on, the map on my smartphone showed me as a blue dot and that's how I could tell roughly what good restaurants were around. 


There....found it ! If you don't have a smartphone, the crowd will be a good guide


Right, we're in . And I firmly park myself in this spot.


My, my, my....Fresh handmade pastas, cheese blocks, cured meats and fresh herbs sit in this chiller, just calling out to you to try them out


The nice lady behind the counter asked which pasta and sauce combo I would like. Think I grinned at her this way, shrugged my shoulders and asked her for a recommendation


Don't leave Italy without at least savouring a plate. The tomato sauce is just bursting with flavours I never imagined. Very nice even though it's served on styrofoam plates. 


Green pasta. Ok only , much prefer the one above. 
Name ? Well, I'm not going to pretend to be a pasta expert as I'm still learning how to appreciate good pasta.
What I can tell you is that the texture is a bit tough for us on this side of the world, that we might even declare it to be undercooked.



Location : Rome, Italy

No comments: