Monday 8 December 2014

Trajan's Column


Again, I have Tripadvisor app to thank for not glossing over this underrated attraction. By merely downloading the city of Rome into my cellphone, I was able to access other traveller's reviews even without a net connection .



Long before press offices and PR managers, Trajan spun his tales of success entirely on this column of pictures.
 In order to try and fit the column into my phone frame, I had to backstep . When I looked down, these pebbles were what felt so scrunchy and weird under my Jelly Bunny's . 
Ever seen anything like these ? I think the closest match would be the grounds at Mount Sorak in Korea.



Once you're done craning your neck or zooming in at all the 22 or more slabs of marble, go see the whole story unfurled on this adjacent street


Then make a U turn back because there's more on the other side



Location : Rome

2 comments:

Tokyo in Pics said...

Goh you've visited one of the places I want to visit most in the world. Funny though, because it is just a stone column, but the history in it is just amazing. Just to stand before it and look at what is on it and think about that, what happened during those times must be an experience!

gostansikit said...

I can see why. Here's something else I didn't include. There's a spiral stairway from the bottom most marble slab all through the inside of the column. Amazing ? More than that.