Friday 9 January 2015

70th Sydney to Hobart regatta


If you don't own a dinghy , one other way to get as near as possible to the starting line of the famous event, is by booking a lunch ticket on Captain Cook Cruises. 


You could sense the urgency in the air .All these boats were rushing, speeding ,  drifting all towards the starting point . Aargh !  and there I was trying to swallow raw oysters fast as I  could .



Ok , I'm speechless.
Wow, just wow. My heart is pounding, all that talk by John earlier worked me up.
Spot the word 70 in the sky !


I thought we were done and would soon be turning back but no.  We found ourselves inching closer and closer !




This is just too crazy . At a loss for words.
Not watching this on telly . It's happening right before my very eyes.


All these years I'd seen the reports on tv but now here I was . Surreal. Someone pinch me.


Finally, we make that U turn while more boats zip in the opposite direction



A chugging tugboat joins the fray lol as we berth back into the pier to be dropped off 


Location :  Sydney 

2 comments:

Tokyo in Pics said...

Lovely shots Goh and I am truly envious. I think I might have mentioned I have attended the race when I was younger, but only watched it from the shore. Can't wait to see it up close from a boat one day!

gostansikit said...

By boat is the best option and I hope to see your fantastic shots one day :)