Friday 9 January 2015

He took us places


Had a hearty breakfast before boarding the AAT Kings bus 


We got the senior John as our driver and he took us to spectacular viewing places , only locals would know  



Forget the instagram filter .This viewing spot he took us to elicited oohs and aaahs from the lot of us




Of all the real estate he tried to impress upon us, I really liked the Boronia House. Did not take pics of this part of the journey , where he introduced us to upscale neighbourhoods with price tags to make you wish you were a Mega celebrity. If you want to see what we saw, you'll have to hope he's your driver for the day.



Well, I hope you can see the 2 little streaks in the water on the left of the photo. According to him, those are little boats all racing towards the big Sydney to Hobart race .
Obviously more excited than us, I soon got infected ( in a good way ) with his enthusiasm for the event.


He took us into this sweeping cove with a most spectacular beach but I say man, we didn't even stop to get down for a breather.
Not to worry.


By the time the bus trundled into Manly , I assumed it was another drive by but to our delight , John gave us a few minutes to wander around or go for a coffee


Will you just look at that sparkling water ? 
There are a group of lanky lifeguards on the left of the picture and a safer area for swimming on the far corner but because we had limited time, we stripped and dove straight in to where that marker is . Much to the chagrin of the lifeguards , I proved to be quite a noise pollutant as I  squealed each time the cold  water slammed into me ! We didn't stay long so I hope they weren't too traumatised ! 


Glad I brought my swim togs.
The water was fantastic ! A little bit cold but real invigorating !
You absolutely must hit the water when you're here ! Remember that .


After that exhilirating dip, we meandered back to Sydney via The Rocks just passing under the bridge to get to Darling Harbour .
On a normal day I might give this a pass and turn back as it is quiet, but thanks to John, we got a little insight into the place 


Location : Sydney

No comments: