Wednesday 21 January 2015

Katoomba Scenic World - Skyway ( Yellow ride )


The rides at Scenic World aren't cheap. Since it was part of our itinerary, it was either we cough up the excluded fee and take all 3 rides , or wander around for the next hour and a half. 
Henry's advise was to go do the Yellow , then Red and Blue rides . Heed him we did, 
 only we spent too much time on the bush trail, partly because my partner did not believe the time indicated to get to Echo Point . Believe it. Learn from our mistake. There is no way you can walk there and back in 15 or 20 minutes. Also we did not count on enjoying the short trail until we got so carried away, we almost lost track of 
time.
Anyway, part of the appeal lies with the glass floor which is highly dependant on clear weather. If it mists up, you probably won't get to see the treetops. 




Lining up to board , I look up.
Isn't that a Swiss bell ? 




When I look down....omg there's a spider on the floor !
No inkling whether it's venomous or not. 
When in doubt, avoid !!!



If I thought I had to sit throughout , I was wrong. Just like Captain Cook Cruises they've done a remarkable job with stability. Just a few minutes into the ride and I could already stand up . Good ride. 
Spot the Three Sisters.




Lots of oohs and aahs could be heard when passing the Katoomba Falls 



What the cable car looks like. Very stable, doesn't swing about wildly. Reassuring ride even for people who are afraid of heights.


Echo Point , is thataway, just follow the crowd




This is actually the first time I'm on a bush trail and I quite enjoy it. It's not that hard for someone as clumsy as me, which came as a complete surprise to me . On previous trips , I gave the tours up to the mountains a pass and concentrated on city sightseeing instead. Whatever have I missed ? How silly of me, a lot apparently. 




Ask me to pose and it always ends  up somehow or other like this same old  boring sheet . All thanks to coaching from Kimberley once upon a time, on all the ' right '  angles  for hiding my lovely lady lumps lolz . 


Alas, our dream like state was cut short by 
the sudden realisation that we'd spent too much time on the trail and had to turn back or else....  



Like I said in the beginning, believe the time indicated and you won't have a nail biting experience trying to rush back and fit the other 2 rides in. We're not the only ones looking anxious. 



Location : Blue Mountains, Australia

No comments: