Thursday 22 January 2015

Loaves and the Dishes - Leura


Stopped for a meal at the local deli in Leura called ...



 Loaves and the Dishes which basically is more of a canteen than a nice little cafe .



Well, it's busy alright but not to worry, they've already got a 
space reserved for us. They split us up, some were at the back with us, the others well, I couldn't see where the other bus passengers were.  Too many customers  ! 




Judging from the crowd , you'd think the meals here are awesome . However, being predetermined meals, honestly, they weren't very good. Did the job in filling up our tum a little bit that's all.

Some wrap with lots of sauce. Person who ate this did not finish even half of it.



Oriental chicken rice which looks more er, I don't know...is it Turkish ? Greek ? Whatizzit ? 
Mui choy with capsicum and ??? Gee just doesn't go. Looks as bad as one place in Sultanahmet . Lol. Now I understand why Chinese takeaways can compete. 


My order. Lamb kebab. No complaints from me cos I love lamb of most any kind, though this was a little on the dry side but fine by me, there's a sort of meze yogurt on the side with a nice salad. Glad I got my meal right. The others however,  pulled long faces . 


Soon as we're done , I check out the counter . Filled with quiches, looks good but ah, we know better now.




Take a look at the prices. Cost quite a bit. I wouldn't mind if it were good 



Looking at the kitchen , I think that wall of microwaves explains it. 

Tip : Do try the brownies they give you at the end of the meal ,  if you're here. Now, those are very good. No pics 

Alternative : Seems there's a good pie place nearby. Try that. 




Location : Leura, Blue Mountains 

No comments: