Thursday 26 February 2015

Japanese Salmon Yee Sang at Sushi Tei


Yee Sang is also known as Lo Hei, which is a most colourful dish symbolising prosperity , requiring all of 27 ingredients . It's not only fun tossing everything together with chopsticks , this creation by Sushi Tei Gurney Plaza gets the thumbs up from me as the absolute best , most yum yum, Yee Sang I've had all these years. Not too sharp, with the right amount of sour and just the right amount of sweetness, it is spicy , tangy and downright mouthwatering to the last sesame .
Beautiful presentation needless to say. 





Before this, we used to preorder Yee Sang from various Chinese restaurant operators around Georgetown. Each time, I always chucked the raw carp due to fears that it might not be properly chilled, thus be host to tons of nasty brain infecting bacteria. 
Fed up, I called them up and enquired if they had Yee Sang on the menu. After all, their Sashimi is one of the only Sashimis I will ever touch in the whole of Penang. To my delight, they said yes.
Omg, my prayers have been answered. Why didn't we think of this venue earlier ? I mean, it makes sense since they're fastidious about freshness and so am I.



For those who are interested, only a few outlets are serving this . Gurney, Queensbay, Sunway Carnival & Ipoh Parade.
No idea with regards to their outlets in KL / Selangor but lemme tell you that although the poster states that it is meant for 6 to 10 people, the portion is a bit too small, not enough to go around  . That's ok most important is Ho Jiak plus you are not gonna get worms growing in your brains at the end of the day. 

No comments: