Thursday 19 March 2015

Hao Way Penang Laksa - let's cook it



Weeee....I caught a flu and have been sneezing my nuts off. To make myself feel better , sometimes I go for a nasty bowl of devilish hot tomyam. Today, however ,after sampling this instant noodle brand at the local supermart , I am set on boiling this for a late night supper.


Because I live in Penang , I need to add on some ingredients to make the overall dish feel more complete.
Can't take it plain just like that. The paste provided is not very spicy either but there's definitely enough Her Koh Krill Paste in the mix plus fish to make a rich broth.

What I have here below are mint leaves , a small cucumber , ginger flower ( bunga kantan ) , an onion plus one red chilli.




Grate the cucumber , slice the chillies , chop the onions , mince the ginger flower and pluck out a few sprigs of mint 




Bring the noodle to boil till soft then drain the water.
Put in the paste . Add hot water enough to cover the noodles at first then add on a bit more to reduce the sharp flavour . Bring to the boil again.
Add in the chillies and ginger flower just before you remove it from the fire. 




Add in the mint , more chillies if you like it sadistic hot like me , onions and cucumber .
Stir everything in and there you're done .




The cost all in is quite economical.
Around RM2 per serving since I got my vegies quite cheap. Do take note that this noodle must be eaten on the spot or else it will smell increasingly fishy the longer you wait. If you want to try this , again I would like to emphasise that the flavour will be quite fishy and strong , hence the need to temper it with vegies and herbs.

One thing I know is that the manufacturer does take online orders so for your convenience , here is their facebook page : 

www.facebook.com/winonnfoods

No comments: