Sunday 5 April 2015

Some of us have no fighting chance and it is up to us to bring them a little happiness


Caught the Mixed Martial Arts MIMMA event today at Prangin , a complex filled with the most hodge podge collection of mall trawlers from the down and out to those who are definitely not.
And these 2 fighters provided the most excitement of the night , yet the event drew no blood . Why not when there is no raw and burning hunger for fame. 





We headed upwards for a birds eye view yet the incident from yesterday afternoon was still fresh in my mind.




It was a little past lunch hour when we walked into KFC .
True enough , the prices has gone up. Ordered a 2 piece and shared that between us . One drumstick each. We'll go somewhere else after getting our fix.

On my last morsel , this skinny middle aged lady deposits herself next to us.There are plenty of empty tables but she decides to take the cluttered and uncleared table next to us. For some reason , she lifts up the tray of eaten foods and gets up. Puzzled by her strange actions , I turn frowning at her , our eyes meet . She seems cross and then proceeds to take the seat in front of me. Her back towards me. 
Bothered by the look in her eyes , I turn a little to see what she's up to. She's got a packet of cheap buns from the hypermart and a bottle of plain water. 
Dawns upon me that she cannot afford the chicken meal here , so she probably tried to take some leftovers on the tray , but when I foiled her plan , embarassed , she sat there eating the buns while taking in the smells.

Ok , I'd seen enough. Got her a 2 piece chicken and she beamed me the biggest smile back at me .
" Why did you get this for me ? "
I told her it was my treat so please accept it. 
She did. 

 You know , Thank god I am married to the most kind hearted man in the world . Because of him , I have learnt to give freely. And not expect anything in return.
Not because I want to earn good karma or because I want God to know what good things I  am doing so I will be justly rewarded in kind or in health. No.

 But because we are responsible for others well being in our surrounding and it feels really good to be able to make someone who least expects a total stranger to try and make them happy.

Anyway , I'm human and if another human is suffering right in front of me , don't tell me I am going to count how much I have contributed towards charitable organisations or government taxes and let them take care of her meh ?
As long as I can afford it , I will not close my eyes and pretend that her problem was not my problem. 


2 comments:

Tokyo in Pics said...

A big smile here too :)

gostansikit said...

:) @Rohan Gillett