Sunday 31 May 2015

2 and a half hours to Budapest


So the charming gentleman at the counter stamped my ticket. 


Yeah this guy from Turkish Airlines . He's great. All Turkish men are. They're all so well dressed and yummy.
Real hot commodities to their country .
Most women worldwide are impressed with their chivalry. 
I could go on but I will stop right here .




Compare an XL shirt from Istanbul to an XL from Hungary and you'll see the huge difference. Turkish men look so petite compared to the Hungarians.
Guy in front of me is some golfing champ. I know cos he's lugging his gigantic trophy and stowing it in the overhead compartment .
       
       


Plus, the dishevelled and ungroomed look seems to be all the rage. But everyone young or old seems to have dry but very good skin.




Anyway, here's breakfast.
Reminds me of a picnic basket.
Only up in the air. 
Don't usually bread thus I end up transforming all the biscuits into not so petite fours




2 hours later, that's the winding Danube down there.
So excited !



My first foray into Magyar land and that modern airport 
seems pretty neat to me.
Spot a Wizz Air plane for the first time too. Wonder what it's like onboard





These 2 officers ....well, the look that they give me pretty much tells me that people like me are quite a rarity here 



Again compared to Istanbul, passport controls here are such a breeze 




It's such a breeze because there's not many tourists flying in. Most enter via rail or the Danube from other countries .
And the only loud person I have encountered so far was the custom lady who told a visitor to 
" STAND ON THE RIGHT " 
That was it. In the whole time that I was here, the only other rude people I encountered ....well, there were none. They seem nonchalant but they're not rude and the ladies here are mostly very warm and lovely people even to foreigners like me. I like them. 



I hardly selfie but I like to take pics of my luggage.
How sad. Heh heh




Process took such a short time that by the time I reached the airport shuttle counter I was a little dazed. Yeah dazed by no crowd jostling at any one time. Almost surreal. 




Shuttle lady tries her best to explain the waiting procedure to me but I'm having trouble understanding some words through the thick accent. 
Then I take my seat and notice there's a big mart over there but I dare not move in case the driver comes looking for me.




Throughout the airport , you will notice a heavy police presence. Apparently a tiff between a local lady and a taxi  driver started this. The driver tried to grab her bags and force her to take his cab at an exhorbitant price ...hence this now. I'm cool with this. Just hope they don't mind me taking their pics. 




Here's my driver. He referred to the road instead of the hotel name , so if you ever get here make sure you know what road your hotel is on.
If not, just show him your ticket when he starts querying. Simple. 





See...more cops outside. Different uniform. Hmmm



We get out onto the highway and it's bright  yellow cabs all the way. There are many modern vehicles in the eastern block unfortunately movies sometimes prefer to paint a stereotypical picture of the old times 



Ah, I spot my first tram but the journey into the city centre is not very appealing and then I begin to entertain thoughts of shuttling into Romania , Slovakia or Austria 






Location : Budapest 

No comments: