Tuesday 2 June 2015

Inferno - snapshots from the perimeters of the movie set


Are you a movie buff ? Then you must already know that Tom Hanks has been in Budapest to shoot the Dan Brown thriller Inferno. 
No , I did not even get a glimpse of him . Pic is just a screenshot snuck from someone else's instagram account.
That's his son Chet Hanx a rapper . Do not confuse him with Che Det the Malaysian blogger.
 St.Stephen's Basillica is in the background. 







Did you also know that the Bruce Willis movie A Good Day To Die Hard featuring the sizzling Jai Courtney , was shot in Budapest too ? Yes I know it was set in Moscow, Budapest was the real shoot location.

Anyway....I was so so sooooo thrilled to stumble upon the set. First I didn't know what was going on then after a bit of snooping around , I found out from one of the locals.
" What's going on ? " I asked her.
" A Tom Hanks movie " she said.
" Is he here ? "
" No " she told me with a shrug.

These are the fenced in perimeters





Flitted from one end to the next






This was the other end





No idea if these are crew members or security staff





Had my eyes peeled on the extras






A few of the black guys were in hoodies




And those in hoodies were the ones that tried most to avoid my camera's aim.
Strangeeee....




Just like these guys .
The instant they saw me point my camera their way , they turned their backs on me.
Hmmmm....I wonder whyyyyy.




The whole time....geez.





Anyway , the extras soon starting acting.






Right under the pathway beneath Baross Square at Keleti . Notice that they've set up a cafe in an area that's usually kept bare.






This man in the red jacket is a stand out.




He's completely noticeable. The red is after all a bright fuschia. 
Notice that there are lots of luggage bags all over the place too.




When they're waiting for the next cut , everyone mills around 




Always ready to spring into action at the drop of a hat




Like I said, you can't miss him.




More extras at this end wait for the next instructions.
Either they're really having a tea break or they're good actors I will never know





Because by then, the focus shifts to the staircase. 
Some place I can't see too well from where I am.




Time for me to move on .





Location : Budapest

No comments: