Tuesday 21 July 2015

Pier 21 - pigout on a budget




Here's what most foreigners make a beeline for. 
The popular egg omelette stall.Me, I started with a 20 baht 3 vegie order and by our last visit progressed to a double omelette . 
Underneath the egg is a generous cupping of rice and while it is very good, make sure you devour it while it is still piping hot. 
Not too oily , cheap and nice .







Going through my pictures , I realised that in our excitement to eat, I actually left out a few dishes such as 

1. Thai style koay teow thn'g with fishballs ( not bad )
2. Tomyam kung from the second last stall ( ok ) 
3. Green curry ( ok only ) 

Of course, not everything was to my liking. Such as the Beef noodles pictured below.
Frankly it was too sweet but when we ladled the soup onto the rice , that went quite well. Would recommend the beef balls and stomach though. Really yummy those.  





Moving on, here's another favourite which we had so many times we lost count.
Coconut ice cream. 


Drinks. 
We had real pineapple juice and a mixed berry juice for just 30 baht each but again, no pics . Garrrghhh. How could I ? 

Of course ,anything is possible when I just lost myself in this Thai kopi . Endless cups....we had endless cups at 20 baht each. Aromatic, creamy , rich and very , very satisfying 




Mango kerabu with super large dried shrimps .
Makes my mouth water as I type because I can still remember the exact taste ! 




Mixed seafood with egg on a hotplate .
85 baht if I am not wrong. 
Underneath the oily  egg batter is a bed of taugey .
Interesting but would probably not repeat this again. 



Mango rice like we've never had presented to us before.
There's sesame on glutinous rice with what seems like a salted egg crisp at the edge. 
Delish ! 





Believe me, we went all out here , until I got stitches while I was still seated ! 
The selection is amazing ( of course there are some misses but don't let that deter you ) as with the quality , cleanliness not to mention comfort level and  even the foodcourt  system  . The silent army of workers here truly deserve  a pat on the back for upholding such high standards. 
Never believed  that I would ever  find such good food at such a low price and on top of all that in a foodcourt too ! 
But I did and god bless the good people who conceptualised and  gave this marvellous gift to all those in Bangkok . 

Location : Bangkok 


No comments: