Tuesday 17 November 2015

Indeed a royal sleep at the Royale Chulan



Let's go up to the room shall we ? 





Done up in typical Royale style ( I have stayed at 2 Royale's so far , both in Mutiara Damansara ) , you will surely gush as you step into the lift. 
Wood carvings and songket motifs lend it a distinctive elegance while retaining the hotel's hallmark touch .





Let myself in and oh my yes.....I let out many waaaaahhh's ! 
Hard for me to hide my delight . The room is gorgeous ! It's huge. There's plush carpetting. Don't ask me why but plush carpetted rooms are only found in the lower category rooms between level 2 to 5. 
I'm done with wooden flooring . Man , this sure feels good . 




Wanna throw myself on the bed and get under the covers but I have to hold it till I snap all these pics .
The air conditioning goes to as low as 10 celcius , so all you people who like icy cold rooms , you know where to book your next vacay. 




This cloth , called Songket, holds a special pride amongst the Malay people. The weave is made from golden threads ( not real for a hotel of course ) and it is reserved for special occasions such as festivities, weddings and formal functions involving an audience with royalty. 





Now strewn across the bed in this manner and held down by 2 wooden rods . Oh boy oh boy oh boy !





Love how they repurposed the traditional drinking vessel called the Labu Sayong. No , it's not Aladdin's lamp.
 Made from clay , you don't need a fridge if you store water in a real Labu Sayong . 
Two of these lamps flank the bed .




Wall lamps ....they're too cute to miss !




Look ....you can find the Labu Sayong on a floor lamp as well.




Single seater wing chair sports a songket cushion 





Notice another Labu Sayong lamp on the writing desk .
Plenty of charging points available so bring as many devices as you like. 




Beneath this counter is a mini bar .
On top are coffee making facilities with ceramic mugs .
TV is above that but the channels are limited . 




View from the balcony . Yes there is a balcony even . Hang in there , I'll show you the view further down .




This is the entrance .
Mirror on one side. Wardrobe on the other. The wardrobe is awesome because you can open it both from this side , as well as from the bathroom .




Full length mirror even features some wood carving details on the top corners .




Found these signs hanging behind the door. You don't really need to use them as there's an indicative switch beside the door . Still , don't you think this is just super adorable ?





Ok , here's the balcony with 
rattan weaved bamboo chairs.




Recreated to resemble a "serambi " or verandah ,from this angle , I can see the pool and the skylight roof .
Great contrast between modern and old .
Notice the ornate roof . The lace like lattice pattern called " kerawang " is not merely decorative , it also keeps the sun glare out. 





Time to retreat into the bathroom.





Wardrobe which I was talking about earlier , opens up to reveal 2 bathrobes embroidered with the R logo as well as amenities such as a good ironing board  and iron .




Go round to the entrance side again to retrieve your bath slippers near the safe box. 




Vanity dresser with hairdryer ...




...toothbrushes and most everything you need except for a disposable shaver .




I love trying out scrumptious soaps and I tell you this square soap cleans so well , you will squeak like a glass plate !




Know how most hotels give you a glass cup to gargle ? I once chipped one while in Hong Kong and got worried out of my mind over how they would bill me for that but luckily that did not happen.
Now this is more sensible . 
Ceramic cups !




Bath tub.
Not meant for large people though. No anti slip mat in sight.
Couldn't care less . Went ahead and soaked like a hippo queen .
Soundproofing is excellent . You can run your bath loud and long as you wish and drain it endlessly , the sound will not send other guests banging your door down. 




Shower and toilet are separate.
There is a rainbath with spectacularly super hot water that I really want to take off my clothes at this point and stop taking any more pictures .





Getting on with age . Need a good soaking for my rigor mortis like joints nowadays. 





Left refreshed and pink , I floated towards the bed to rest my weary feet and heavy head under the magnificent divan headboard crafted from wood and faux leather . 
 If only for 2 nights , with nobody disturbing you unless you command them to , it is indeed a royal down feathered sleep at the Royale Chulan. 






Location : Jalan Conlay , Kuala Lumpur 





No comments: