Monday 16 November 2015

Sum Sook Restaurant - Bukit Tengah


 Based on how unappetizing this dish looked ,we really never expected the unlikely combo of sweet sharp lime sauce and tofu that's been deep fried till so dry, it looks all wrong , could turn out to be  winner .
This plate of Kerabu Tauhu just proved that. So addictive that after the first careful nibble , we began fighting over it






One of the signature dishes by Sum Sook , I personally find that they use a lot of lime in all of their spicy dishes. Packs a zesty twang which works wonders in uplifting the mood, especially if you're dead beat for the day. 
That the restaurant sees a lot of families with fiesty old folks in tow willing to hobble in here shows you their standing within the local community . 





However , there's been some dissatisfaction with regards to the service meted out by the staff. While I can roughly tell which one is a customers nightmare , I got the sweetest , most patient server . Just refer to this lady against the wall . She's really nice....phew... bless her ! 





These days , my spice tolerance level has increased to the point where I can also bite bird's eye chillies raw .
But I tell you this gulai curry dish is a silent killer. 
See , when dishes get a tad too spicy for me to take , one side of my nose starts to um leak .
In this case , for the first time in my life , my right eye started tearing as long as I continue lapping this up.
Up to you to take that as a warning or a challenge. 






Third dish. Broccoli with shitake mushroom . Nothing to shout about until you see the entire bill for all 3 dishes plus rice ....less than MYR 50 for all that !





Verdict : at this price , we can eat here more often and you can host a lot of people without draining the bank.

Location : Bukit Tengah

Directions : the other side of the PLUS highway directly opposite Juru Autocity .
Don't get confused by the address which states Bukit Mertajam . 

No comments: