Saturday 5 March 2016

Hello Kitty - dollar store finds


You're here because you're a Hello Kitty fan . But , like me , you're unwilling to fork out that much moolah for their merchandise .
I get it. 

So let's get down to business shall we ? Let's kick off this post with the best thing to date which I have recently acquired . 

A stainless steel fork and spoon set with the Hello Kitty logo engraved onto the handles .
So pretty and the cause of much envy .
Available in Malaysia at places that sell flat priced products at MYR 5.30 .
Also available in Singapore ( last seen at Tokutokuya ) 





Next . From Daiso .
Take note that whatever I find in Malaysia 
should also be available in Singapore .
You just have to hunt around a few outlets . If you totally cannot locate it means someone swiped the lot. And there seem to be a lot of overzealous fans when it comes to Hello Kitty products in Daiso Singapore . So much so that some of them will mislead others into thinking that these items are only available in Hong Kong and Japan. Utter hogwash . Seriously , I don't know what their motive is .....whether for profit or the need to prevent others from owning it ....all I know is that it's just madness .

Black and pink picnic mat .
Pink air ticket and passport holder .




Yet another from Daiso .
Face towels whom some want you to believe can only be found in HK and Japan . 
Not true also .


Last pic for now .
A large gallon ziplock bag I found in Bangkok .
The ziplock bag Hello Kitty designs are peculiar to Thailand . I have some pics of the tupperwares sold there , so do check back and wait for me to upload them .

Behind that is a medium sized shopping bag with zip I found in a Malaysian shop selling everything at MYR 2 .
If that's not a bargain , I don't know what else is since , I'm still using this bag to lug my purchases around with no signs of fading or tearing .




Check by scrolling down this post for more updates and uploads .

K....update #1
Plasticware from Bangkok Daiso .
60 baht gets you these plus one very hot round tupperware which I unfortunately did not snap . Why ? Simply because I just don't like it .



Have also spotted a zip softcase pvc pencil box in black , a pill case , some small light brown plastic bags , together with a My Melody ( those 2 fairies ) small hand carry shopping bag made of harder pvc , all in Malaysia Daiso .
Check back for those another time as I need to get to the outlet first .
Hopefully they are still around .

Update :

Found 2 pill boxes .
This...



...as well as this one. 




Here's the My Melody item I was talking about earlier .




More Hello Kitty merchandise.
You can turn this into either a small chopstick holder or pencil zipcase .




Hello Kitty brown purse




Tiny paper bags 






Ok . This one's not from a dollar store but costs less than MYR 10 .
Mini cake mold that's 12 cm in length .



More molds from various shops .
Cost between MYR 5 - 10 .





No comments: