Sunday 27 March 2016

Pak Nik Cendol


The weather is scorching hot and everyone is ditching hawker fare for boring foodcourt food in airconditioned premises , except for Pak Nik Cendol 's diehard customers .
Pak Nik Cendol is so easy to spot . Just look for the longest line of cars parked beside the road .




Here's another clue . Spot this beautiful colonial era home . Shop is just next door.



I seriously don't know what happened to all of my people. Sometimes , it seems as if I am the only Chinese who is nuts about Malay cuisine . I admit , it does feel odd but I try not to let it annoy me . It was comical really , when we left , I managed to stop one Malay boy in his tracks , as he had to double check if he'd come to the wrong place .
As you can see , the shop is full of Malay people who are one of the most easygoing people in the world . Just watch your manners and you should have no problem getting along with them . 



Anyway , my hunch was right . Pak Nik Cendol does dish out laksa as well . And they make a stinky but tasty as heck bowl of yummy mouthwatering laksa .
In fact , I think this could easily rank as one of the best laksa Kedah , I've had in my life !



However , even though I enjoyed the taste of the cendol drink , frankly I found the green noodles too soft . 
Didn't make the cut for me .




Beehoon soup with beef .
A soft , yellow vermicelli served with small chunks of spiced beef bits .
Absolutely delicious ! 
Again , one of the best I've ever had in my life . Nowadays , there are so many places offering bihun sup that's so bad , this place deserves an award for upkeeping the standards .
Take note that there's a dollop of sambal in the soup . If you're not used to that , make sure you remove it as it IS hot .


Like what is stated on the banner , they have another stall in town called AZ Corner in Taman Petani Jaya , 
so you don't have to put up with this rickety shoplot which I actually find very charming but would not spend one night in lol .




Verdict : Must try 

Warning : Chances of getting addicted are very high 

Location : Sungai Petani , Kedah 


1 comment: