Saturday 12 March 2016

Tokyo Noodle - looks tiny but ...


Not aware if noodles this cute and small are sold elsewhere . 
They're mini alright . You could fit the whole pack into a small handbag or your workdesk drawer or even glove compartment and there'd still be room for more stuff .

So far , I've spotted 2 flavours , both non - halal . 





How's the taste ? While I found the black and red pack , a let down , he said it was nice . 
Expected it to be spicy and all but meh....no kick .
To me it tastes like someone took the old Maggi Mee in My Cup noodle , then fried it till brown as the old Mamee Tomyam noodle and marinated it with Mamee Monster flavouring . No kidding . Didn't do it for me .

Haven't tried the light brown yet cos I found the black one not to my liking . When I do , I will update here .
Update : Ok . I tried it. It's much better than the black pack . Much better tasting with a light curry fragrance . Not bad .

However , I have to admit these noodles are quite filling as it expands further in your stomach gosh . I mean it looks very tiny but once it settled in .....fuuuuu...you won't feel hungry for quite a bit .
The other plus , is the small size . Fits anywhere and is not bulky .

There are altogether 4 packets inside all individually packed . No seasoning satchet provided as the noodles are already flavoured . Thus all you need to do is to add hot water .

Because there is an army of Daiso fans who will clear food items off the shelves  in a heartbeat , if you want to try this , you'd better keep dropping into your nearest Daiso .
And no , I don't work for or get paid by Daiso to post this up .

Verdict : It's a novelty but quite filling for small eaters . If you know anyone who is an instant noodle addict , this will make a nice and thoughtful gift .

Availability : selected Daiso stores in Malaysia and Singapore 

No comments: