Wednesday 22 June 2016

Bethel Gospel Assembly - Harlem



Wasn't going to leave American soil without seeing a gospel choir in action .
Had a few places to pick from , but because of the timing , I finally decided to make my way towards the Bethel Gospel Assembly , a Pentecoastal church , located in Harlem .

Making my way here was a test in faith . On the map , it seemed fairly easy , when it wasn't that simple to locate .

 From the Grand Central Terminal , I managed to purchase a subway pass from the super unhelpful old Indian man behind the counter . 
When I asked two local cops for directions they told me this 
" there is a church around here ? "
Gosh . Move on gurl . Move on .
After asking yet another clueless passerby , a nice Latina lady showed me where she thought it most probably was ( after an underpass  )







Had to part ways with her halfway and continue onwards . Got the feeling that I was lost until one white guy pointed out this big building across the street . 
Man .

Ok , here we go . So glad I made it in one piece , as the streets were quite empty .




The congregation being used to the presence of tourists , found me a seat in no time . 
While the choir was amazing , the guest preacher , proved to be more than the ears could take and brain could absorb . Thus most of the tourists left ....except muah .
 I stayed on for all of 2 and a half hours . Omg , yes , this was going to be a truly eye opening experience indeed . Only I did not know it yet until the end .






Personally , I found the session quite empowering and the bible interpretation to be more tuned to the needs of the community .

Two things made this worship session most memorable for me

The first being this line uttered by the guest preacher , ( a son of the Bishop before the current one )
" you surrender them to God " 

And the second , happened when it ended . He had invited 2 others up onto the stage with him , one of them being Bishop Carlton T.Brown .
And then that's when I saw it. Had to rub my eyes, look away a few times before I knew I wasn't seeing things  .

There was a faint orange aura , individually  surrounding each and everyone of the 3 men . There were musicians at the back but I didn't see the glow on them .
Each time the guest preacher came forward , it moved with him like a protective shield .


Unbelievable ? Think I'm seeing things ? 
Don't think so , because this is the absolute , very first time I am seeing any aura on anyone , and best of all , here , I saw it surrounding 3 persons at the same time. 

What does it mean ? 
The pious would say that the Holy Spirit is with them .
But if you ask me , I think that with that kind of energy field around them , they can make things happen for the believers .

Have to admit , that it scared me to be able to see that glow for the first time in my life  and I left soon after , not staying back for the healing session . 
However , should you happen to know someone who does need such divine intervention , do direct them here and tell them to stay till the end for the healing session in front of the stage  .


Location : Bethel Gospel Assembly , Harlem , New York 

No comments: