Monday 13 June 2016

Nano Sato - Hakata free range chicken



Hakata is a reknowned brand of free range chicken from the Fukuoka prefecture .  






A pedigree breed with fine quality meat that is described as firm , chewy and juicy , with a unique flavour , if you ever find yourself in Terminal 1 , Narita Airport , make sure you make a beeline here .




When I first visited , the place was almost packed with an early lunch crowd , most of whom are airport staff .
Noticed that most customers went for the chicken katsu . While it did look delicious , I asked the staff for a recommendation between 2 items on the menu which caught my fancy .....




...and this is what I settled on finally as she told me this was a much better choice .

Yes , it's a set meal alright and it costs quite a bit .





This small bowl of noodles came with the smokiest flavoured soup I have ever had . Also tasted some orange or lemon zest , also fresh herbs in it . While totally unforgettable , for first timers like muah , this is probably the best size for a sample try out . Any portion bigger than this will become very " jelak " due to the very intense and aromatic flavours .





On the other hand , this bowl of rice below , was so huge ( I don't eat much rice compared to others ) , I felt as if I could have washed my face in it !

Then , upon digging in , I really have to declare that this is THE BEST bowl of polished Japanese rice I have ever had to date . Very impressed with the quality of rice here .

Compared to the small bowl of noodles , the chicken and egg topping was rather bland but hey , this is premium meat presented in a healthier form so I tried to lap it all up .
Towards the last quarter I faltered lolz .
Did I feel healthier . Um no , but if they say this is one of the finest chicken breeds , well , if you've done Wagyu and other beefs , adventurous gourmets out there, ought to give Hakata chicken a go .

Gives you something new to talk about eh ?






Location : Terminal 1 , Narita Airport 


No comments: