Saturday 24 December 2016

An insta diary of my winter journey


Can't imagine what I'd do without this app  .
Posting up the photo diary first folks .

Since I was taking Qatar Airways , KLIA was my point of departure . 



                 Transferred at Doha .
                 The new airport is               
            aaaaaaaamaaaaazingggg !!!!




Landed in Frankfurt a day earlier before the tour proper began




Somehow , with the help of a vendor , I managed to take the U - Bahn ( S9 ) all the way to our hotel as transfers would only be provided if we turned up on the day of the tour itself . From experience , this is a crazy super tiring thing to do , so always get enough rest . It's worth it .
Besides , the hotel was in Offenbach just outside Frankfurt and we intended to explore the Christmas Market that same night before the tour started , which we managed to do via a group travelcard ( bought at the ticket machine in the airport earlier ) 



My first sit down bratwurst on German soil ( had one eat out one , the night before in Frankfurt's Christmas Market )
Thought I'd record that lolz .
I was followed by some people the instant I wandered past the C&A , into REWE and on the corners of streets . Made me feel so marked but they stopped the instant I entered the Christmas Market .



Ulf , the Swedish Travel Director .
He's so fit , he can walk faster than all of us . Age is just a number .



Bus driven by Peter , the super handsome Romanian . 
Tell you more in a separate post .
I think he looks like Daniel Craig btw .  


Went to Rothenburg , followed by Nuremberg .



Was very misty when we passed through this area .
Eisenach and Erfurt were on the list today



And so cold , I saw sleet at this little town where we stopped at a McDonalds and met one of the first East Germans for the first time in my life .




The castle where Martin Luther hid from his enemies was really fun .
I also think I lost many many kilos just walking up the castle when I should have paid 3 euros for the shuttle 




Our third dinner at Weimar .
The first was a sit down meal at Sheraton ( where my battery konked geez ) and the second was at Novo2 ( refer to an earlier post )


Weimar was also the town where 2 German men sang a German song to me lol after asking me if I were Japanese ( I told them I was Malaysian )



Leipzig where we went into another Christmas Market , then later had a glimpse of the world's largest railway station



We arrived at our Dresden hotel just in time for a Christmas project for guests .
Yeah , with all of our help , these illuminated candles took shape .




I do love Dresden for all of the shopping , but it was also here that I got harassed on the streets a few times ( Turkish style ) . Certainly did not expect that .




Loved the fact that the Christmas Market was just outside the hotel .
We went to 4 all in on foot after a brief orientation tour by Ulf .




Thought I'd be spending the whole day shopping but alas I ended up stuck in Schuhmarkt for 3 hours alone . Omg you MUST buy shoes if you ever come to Dresden !




We arrived to a pretty misty Berlin , the day after the truck incident 





Saw many facets of the city and went on an extra tour with Carolina who almost moved me to tears with her very poignant and personal anecdotes and recollections 





2 mornings in a row , I had the best , most sweetest yet sharpest alfalfa in my life .
Absolutely loved it . Went to the reknowned Ka De We department store when I lost my jaw because the food hall is so freaking amazing .
Also had our first Curry wurst .



In Doha , we checked into the Oryx Lounge because of a long transit .




More to come . Wait for it .




No comments: