Thursday 29 December 2016

Further from the truth


In my group there was one Indonesian Chinese family as well as a Korean girl . 
When the Korean girl started chattering excitedly about the Mc Donald's just opposite our hotel the next day , she momentarily managed to make my blood run cold .




" Do you know you shouldn't go into any Mc Donald's in Germany " 

" Oh ? And why is that ? "

" Because they start shooting people inside Mc Donald's in Germany "

I almost fainted but not before I exhaled a VERY loud 
" WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT ?????? "
" But , but we went it there twice " 

Twice .
TWICE .




" He went the night before . Then both of us went in together this morning "
I continued with my rather feeble response




Whatever she said next did not register because she really managed to startle me though I think she meant well .

So I turned to google . 
Turns out , she was referring to THAT one incident in Munich . And yet somehow amongst their community , it has spiralled out of  hand to include all Mc Donald's in Germany .

WELL .

Moral of the lesson is this :
Sometimes the truth is out there on the internet . Find it first before the rumour mongers get to you .



No comments: