Monday 26 December 2016

Ziko's Grill - crazy dinner party


I love crazy people . People who are not afraid to let their hair down . I married one after all .
But I didn't know that I would meet some in here , all the way in one far corner of Berlin * .

At the entrance , the boss greeted us with a tray laden with champagne glasses . Since he insisted , I took the one with the tiniest amount .
He gave me a horrified look , snatched back the glass then poured it into the last 2 remaining ones while saying " No , no , you take big one "

Oh my lawd ...I giggled , flashed him an embarassed look ...oh well ok let's drink up then .





He turned out to be a real prankster of a host . Plenty of tricks up his sleeves which successfully broke the ice and got everyone roaring with laughter 


I tend to say stupid things after a tipple so I really had to watch myself but the others were delighted with the free flow and before you know it , the place has come alive .


Could not focus . What to order ?
Oh mai gawds . Gimme the lamb shank aka Lammhaxe. ( I wrongly presumed that the pork knuckle would be gigantic )


You wanna know why I couldn't concentrate ?
Because I was seated just in front of this electric pianist who loved to sing . Yet everytime he sang , I was reminded of those cheesy sing song open air places in Penang , thus it took a while before I warmed up to his style .




Never mind him , it seems the people at the back were Serbs celebrating someone's death anniversary .
But we didn't know that and before dessert arrived had one of those in our group even proceeding to teach them the chicken dance ...
hey , what did I tell you , this was a crazy dinner party . It was fun , I did laugh , but it was really crazy and weird and incomputable all at once .

Don't get me wrong . The pianist - singer is an integral addition that elevates Ziko's charm . Without him , life would be plain boring . So please do applaud his effort . Despite the slang haha .



Again , we had a 3 course meal .
I did not like the soup , but I did find the lamb shank kinda nice .


While laughing at his expense .
Cos apparently though the beef goulash was tender and delish , the rice was um , odd .



Crepe with vanilla ice cream .
I thought of all those weeks of exercise going down the drain and passed it to a willing him while I downed the crepe .


As a prelude to the finale of warming up the dance floor , one round of Jagermeister was served .
Highly touted in Germany ,though it seriously reminded me of one confinement wine brand I took, which has now gone out of production lol .
Shhhhh...ush now will ya hons ? 




Anyway to cap it off , if you're looking to have some harmless crazy fun during dinner in Berlin , do consider Ziko's Grill .
You will remember the experience and leave with plenty of smiles !

* while the restaurant serves German cuisine , the owner is said to be a Serb and apparently Serbians have a reputation for being really crazy and fun so I hope that explains the almost riot like rounds of laughter and table thumping throughout the restaurant 

Location : Berlin 

No comments: