Tuesday 10 January 2017

Kartoffelpuffer are German potato pancakes


Everywhere I turned , there was at least one of these stalls swamped with people , just waiting to get their fill . In the end , I succumbed .
We're not gonna leave Frankfurt without trying a Kartoffelpuffer today .



Price is not cheap .
3 pieces for €4.50 .


Furthermore , the methodoligical process itself is pretty interesting to look at .



Shallow panfried till golden , these potato pancakes are like round hashbrowns with onions in them .
As they're only eaten during the cold weather , the Christmas Market is one of the best place for you to try this out for yourself



From my observation , those who ordered this snack wolfed it down like comfort food .
Because it is my first try , I found some relief in the cold garlic sauce which contrasted with the piping hot puffs .



Would I eat this again ? Probably not on its own but paired with some meat . It was ok but I didn't really get any kick out of it . 

Location : Frankfurt 

No comments: