Tuesday 28 March 2017

Please sprout


Checked the expiry date on a packet of Zinnia and Petunia seeds .
Was stated as 2018 .
Very happily , I got down to the business of sowing .
Very ambititous for muah if I may say so , I scattered them in 7 different pots with a stick stuck in to indicate what they were .




I'll have you know that the above specimen only showed twice. Once in 2 separate pots . Both supposedly Petunias .
The Zinnias were all miserable failures . Nothing came of them .

From two leaves , this fella grew into this .
I swear it looks like Bayam ( leaf Amaranth ....a staple vegetable eaten in South East Asia ) .
Wth ....
 yeah because I'm so pissed , I'll tell you the brand .

BS  

No .Really. Don't laugh . Not bluffing . Malaysian brand .
Around 4 ringgit per packet of seeds.
So never buying from this company again .




With all the other pots still baren , I went down to the local dollar store .
2 packets of flower seeds ( one impatiens balsam , the other a sunflower ) for 2 ringgit and 12 sen for 2 packs ( not joking ) .
Brand is from China under the Flower Goddess brand
 ( refer to hxzyy.com.cn )

As you can see , I had more success with the impatiens balsam .
While the sunflower refused to be coaxed out of it's shell .
But when I googled impatiens balsam and their company name , all I could see was the garden balsam instead of the impatiens .

Yes , I'm loosing patience . Please sprout more and faster can ah ?
I'm really confused .
Bad enough that I have Bayam growing in my Petunia labelled pot .
I don't know if you're gonna grow into a balsam or an impatiens .

Aaarghhh !

Update 1st April 2017 :

Progress in photos. 



As you can see , my place doesn't get enough sun thus ...the straggly shoots .
One pathetic zinnia popped up , I'm still suspecting the Petunia X Hybrida Grandiflora to be Bayam , and all the other seedlings have turned out to be an impatiens species of which I am yet to find out .


Close up of the suspected bayam and by now much larger impatiens seedlings



Update : 10th April

As I suspected , the petunia x hybrida grandiflora turned out to be a scam .
100 percent bayam . 
Never mind , I uprooted the 2 seedlings already .

However , the lone zinnia ( right at the bottom , sooooo sad and undernourished ) looks more and more like a periwinkle ( I'm ok with that , just annoyed with whoever is mislabelling and packing on the other end of the scale ....grrrr )

So now , here's what my
" impatiens balsam " looks like currently .
More like a balsam . I have planted impatiens before in the past and this just doesn't look like it .
 Will just have to wait for the first flower to know .


No. 
I'm not about to give up .
Went back to the 2 ringgit shop and got myself these plastic seedling planters .
More waiting to come . 
So pathetic eh ? What to do .
Please gawd . No more strange and unexpected sprouts . Can't take another round of stupidness .





1 comment:

Wak Lat said...

hi cikgostan, just coincident maybe., akak kura2 ni pon buat entri blog pasal menanam benih., hehe2

http://kurakuradibawahcawankaca.blogspot.my/2017/03/hobi-lama-tapi-bermula-kembali.html