Thursday 29 June 2017

Rambo - the famous stray now immortalised by MBK


Been close to 2 years since my last visit . 
Will never get tired of Bangkok . Love the food , vibrance , folks and craziness of it all .

Here's one more to add to the long " to do " list .
A fibreglass statue of what I think is Rambo , a famous local stray , just by the side of the MBK building , otherwise known as Mah Boon Krong Shopping Center .




Rambo and his pal , both strays are resident mascots well loved by the city folks . They were always spotted hanging outside this MBK area , until a year or two ago . 
Really don't know what happened to them but I'm guessing these 2 structures are meant to remember them by .



Anyway , when I first spotted them from the skytrain stop , I had to contain myself lest the squeal I let out got the better of me .
But as you can see , I am not on my best behaviour and soon some tourists started following suit !



See , I like white short haired , pointed earred dogs since  I used to have a white mongrel dog called Lucky whom I loved dearly when I was a child . 



And yeah , while he may be called Rambo in Bangkok , this white doggie is my old Lucky to me .
Maybe these 2 mascots are really lucky after all , as I see a massive pick up in businesses in tandem with the center's all new white facade .




I'm telling you these 2 doggies are as photogenic as that gigantic , towering Gundam in Tokyo . Just make sure you pick a bright and sunny day for your shot 

For snippets on what made Rambo so well loved , you just need to type search " Rambo MBK dog " and see what google turns up or head over to this dedicated fb community fan page :

https://m.facebook.com/rambo.mbk.dog/

Location : Bangkok 

No comments: