Friday 15 September 2017

Hungry Ghost Festival at Lim Jetty - a few of my favourite pics


 I'll begin by showing you some dramatic snaps of the traditional performers involved , before I move onto what I recorded ( yes I will post them up despite them being blurry ) in yet another post after this one .

Traditional performances used to be the norm before those nightclub concerts .
Meant to entertain those on a one month prison break from hell , so to speak , 
there are rituals to observe before the  actual performance itself and that's what I'm gonna focus on later . 

All , except the last picture was taken around the Suan Hai Ing Yang Tian or Mountain Sea Ying Yang Temple , that faces the sea . It might be of interest to observe that the said temple is dedicated to the God of Hades , thus has depictions of hell on its wall , so you might want to check it out even if you come off season .

Anyway , the last shot , is one of the 2 musicians for the night , where he was seated in shelter housing the King of Hell . Somehow I felt that I needed to snap him , despite him being very humbly clothed . 

Enjoy ....
















No comments: