Tuesday 3 October 2017

Padini - jumpsuit or playsuit ?


Whenever I walk into any clothes store , I'll grab the maximum allowed number of clothes off the rack to take into the dressing room for a tryout .
And a lot of times , thanks to my not so proportionate smaller top and too ample bottom , between half to three quarters do not suit me , which is one of the reasons why I will never shop online for clothes .
The other good thing that comes out of the exercise despite the fails involved , is that sometimes I find gems that look like they should be avoided as the design looks so complicated at first glance .

So , while I'm so happy to have found these 2 playsuits , what baffled me at the time , was that they are categorised as jumpsuits, which is usually what one refers to for one pieces with long pants involved . Playsuits or rompers are what one calls them . 
I hope whoever in Padini who is in charge of the product listing corrects this small detail .




Anyway , I was so happy with the design, where there's a sewn in waist belt and more structured lines , together with a mini bell edged split sleeve , plus a wide V neck opening which comes with a button for those who do not want to be so modest * cough * such as muah , that I got it in 2 colours .
Dark green above .
Black below .
Downside ? Crumples easily .



Priced at MYR 59 each , 
I began hunting for an example online since I um , am so not photogenic you know ,  , well , in short it was a most frustrating exercise because this seems pretty unique until I found this picture .
It's pretty much what my new playsuit looks like except that the back is the front and the front is the back ....


Photo credit : pinkcadillac.co.uk

....and the sleeves are much more bigger than the sheer puff below , as well as half the length , while the pants , and v neck opening ( which the more modest fashionista can close up ) looks similar to what Miss Sheer Sleeves has on .


Photo credit : wheretoget.it

Why do I shop at Padini ?
Weeeeell ......Padini has been around for a long time but recently , it's outlet sales have been on a massive upswing in Penang island ( I hardly go to KL , but they have many outlets there as well ) ever since Chinese New Year this year and they're under the same group as Brands Outlet , but what draws me in is , I can walk out with something classic yet trendy , such as this .

Location : Penang

No comments: