Wednesday 4 October 2017

29 up north


Intan Bling's post about the white pair of shoes with a huge buckle really got my attention as I really like the design which reminds me of those 18th century period shoes .
She also mentioned a shop known as the 28 ringgit shoe store . After wondering what that meant , it finally dawned upon me that Maybe , she was referring to those makeshift shoe stalls set up by Thai and Cambodian nationals in Malaysia .

Thus , I paid a visit to one such place and ended up with 2 types of footwear .




No. You don't need to spend like MYR 2000 just for a pair of cloth sewn shoes . Yup , I used to have a pair of low heels made from cloth that cost that much and well , I seriously won't do it again . These , on the other hand , will do just fine , they're very stable , extremely lightweight and hug the feet in a very attractive manner and yes , they cost MYR 29 up north , maybe lower elsewhere , but because I live in Georgetown , these are pretty much fixed prices , unless of course , you so happen to stumble upon the owner , as his workers have been given strict instructions not to give discounts .

Right....the above shoe is a cork high heel , with a body made from cloth and shiny gold details . Comes with a button which has an adjustable length ....a godsend for people with bigger ankles such as muah .
I've had a very positive experience with a past pair , thus I knew I had to grab this pair .
Downside ? The back tip of the heel wears out very fast .




Now , here's the second pair , a pair of white sneakers made from PU fake leather .
They're all the rage now and I realised that when I put on any of my playsuits and pair it with my favourite Bata Comfit , somehow , I stick out like a sore thumb , as that look feels just so wrong .
The thing about these en vogue shoes are that you've got to wear socks that don't show . 
Quick nip into Daiso solves that in a jiffy .



Ok , so why didn't I get a better pair ? Because these shoes are a fad , and fads fade , so I truly find no point in spending between MYR 160 to MYR 300 for a pair of white sneakers . Besides , I will only get better quality sneakers for exercising and nothing more .



Location : Penang 



No comments: