Wednesday 20 December 2017

Hilton Kuala Lumpur - King Deluxe Room on the 16th



I know some of you have been constantly refreshing this page so you can finally have a peep of the abode I was cocooned in over the weekend .
 I'll post up whatever I can manage to bang in first and then when I find the time , I shall slowly add on some more comments ok ? 

Anyway , I managed to score an upgrade to a higher floor on my room , a skill that took years to hone and sharpen . 
I also managed to take back a keycard as a souvenier of my stay ....by asking the reception nicely if I could keep it upon checking out . He said yes , so I have one more keycard to add to my stash .





How'd we make our way here from Penang ?
Well , we took a slow drive into the city and made our way into the carpark ....


...it's not very well lit when dark , but not to worry , there are plenty of transportation options outside once you park your "hot" ( by that I mean a vehicle make that is high on car thieves list ) car inside . We made full use of our feet and the lrt to get around the city with no jam or more parking space to jostle for .


What really impressed me was these 3 lots reserved for those with Electric Vehicles . Well , if you own one , you can charge your car here .


This carpark in the evening is also one spot where you can see a lot of gorgeous well dressed ladies pouring into because of the dining and entertainment spots in the hotel and not just the accomodation .
Yes , I've been here before , that's how I know .


Coming face to face with this entrance means that I've come full circle. I've stayed at both hotels already . You won't find a blog entry on Le Meridien because I didn't keep a blog back then . But rest assured I also enjoyed a nice little stay there once ,so now I can not only compare the two ( apparently , they're both owned by a Japanese billionaire ) but also consider this one off the bucket list .


Today , I'm heading into the Hilton and while it sounds so posh , I'm sure it has aged since seeing how the area is a major transportation hub which takes travellers direct into the KLIA airport via a fast train .


Honestly , I wanted to dress up but I was so lazy , I remained in my cooling Cotton On black prints short romper paired with a mid length black Uniqlo soft flowing cardigan , super comfy white Vincci slingback open toe platforms and one of those handbags I grabbed from Brands Outlet .

So imagine my surprise when we made our entrance and every concierge present in the lobby area stopped whatever they were doing and stood as if we were VVIPs or celebrities making the entrance .
That was delightful . Oh they made me feel like some big shot businesswoman alright .

The only other time I've experienced something like this was when we left our Admiral Class cruise and the whole ship crew came out to wish us goodbye ( Don't bother searching for a post on that either )
If you want to feel like the Queen , these are the 2 experiences in my life that make the cut , of course other than being actually crowned with a tiara on a throne by Audrey ( I guess that makes it 3 ) .
Actually there are 2 more once in a lifetime hospitality experiences I have enjoyed , come to think of it , but I'd better stop lest you think I love to brag .


If I'm not mistaken , there are 39 floors on the hotel and we were given the 16th floor , which I duly accepted most graciously .
That's the view of the Lake Gardens from level 16 .


Here's what I look forward to .
A plush carpetted entrance .
This is nice . But I still think the best hotel corridor belongs to J.W. Marriot on Starhill . Ritz Carlton in Imbi comes in second place . That's my opinion .


I'm gonna stop here but you can view all the pictures first .
There are mirrors everywhere so you can view and preen , check and double check on areas you need to workout on , or if your crease is perfect just before heading downstairs to meet up with an important client for lunch .
There are full length mirrors in the hallway and in the bathroom which is really good news for me since I've made a change to my lifestyle and dressing these days . 

Leave you here first . More comments will be added on later tonight ok ?


That's a 50 inch tv with many many channels ...



....and a uniquely shaped speaker above it ( I know nuts about speakers )


Workdesk on the right , window up front . For some reason I did not draw the curtains .


Lounge sofa


Minibar with a coffee making services and complimentary water .
Some tea brand I forgot and nescafe sachets together with glasses , mugs and spoons provided .


Device charging port plus alarm clock and tv control holder.
There are plenty of charging points all over the room actually , you won't be disappointed .



Nice comfy , not too soft for his back King sized bed .
I need to mention that the lighting above and by the bedside was not annoying to the eye which is really amazing as bedside lamps always annoy the heck out of me .


Sign left on the bed to indicate what massage services are offered .
Oh we're going to the gym alright . Don't you worry about that .


And we're gonna sleep like babies too ....


....only , have you seen the bathroom ! Gasp ! It's hugeeeeeee !!!!


Now , let's step back towards the sofa and take a look at the room from this angle .
Nice eh ?


Bathtub marble reminds me of the Turkish hamams and oh I soaked blissfully in that alright .
Happy happy happy happy .
Really deep , mixer taps , fast flowing water so you don't need to wait forever for it to fill up , comes with a handheld shower slotted on the side , it was not only big enough to contain me there was still enough space around my body .


Too sexy for you ?


Not to worry . Just slide those doors together and you can have your privacy .


Whoever designed the bathroom really understands our needs . I love the dresser , love the amenities , love how cleverly every space is divided.


A lot of details were not left out .
Such as the need for an enclosed area in the toilet , as well as a magazine rack within reach so you don't have to place the paper on the floor .


To my delight , there were Crabtree & Evelyn toilettries , even the toothbrush kit , grooming kit and shower kit were all from the same company .
That's a body lotion .


These bath products were wonderful . They made my hair smell so good .


Facial soap scrubbed me real clean .
I'm thinking of getting me a whole bar after this .


Below the dresser was a weighing scale .


...so I can keep track of just how much I'm gonna pack on or not after breakie and dinner . Again , just what I need .


I used the shower area and I swear the water never leaks out to the dresser area . Whoever their renovator is , his workmanship is top of the class .
Notice that there's also a fold in seat for the elderly or whoever may need it, as well as a small ledge which is such a minor detail yet is so thoughtful of them , this is hospitality at it's best .


Rainshower .
I need to mention that not once did I shiver in here despite the airconditioning , I don't know how they managed to do that but I'm really impressed by that .


There was a Japanese yukata waiting for me under the safe . The safe is big enough for a whole laptop .


Will you take a look at that ?
Everything you need to keep you looking your best is here .
A sturdy ironing board , steam iron , and the hairdryer is in one of the dresser cupboards .



Is it worth staying here ?
You betcha. Everyone is well taken care of . They thought of almost everything you'll ever need for your comfort ! 

Plus there is no pesky knocks on the door by service staff cos they respect your privacy even when you don't switch on the privacy indicator outside your room .
Now that's what I call a real 5 star hotel !

Location : KL Sentral 

No comments: