Monday 26 February 2018

Handmade from mengkuang leaves


This below is my latest acquisition from a flea market trader . 
You could probably get it cheaper online but if you did , you wouldn't know that some examples come with hard to rectify flaws especially when the handicraft maker underestimates the amount of pleather needed to border the bag .
I know because when I inspected my first choice , I had to put it back due to the glaring flaws . It was badly sealed shut with glue and there were some obvious holes , which led me to reject that and take this instead .




Available for as low as MYR 15 on both Malaysian and Indonesian sites , I paid MYR 50 for this but I'm not complaining because I saw some people sell them for above MYR 200 in a shopping complex stand alone cart stall and if this was reworked by a designer label like Michael Kors , you can expect to pay MYR 1400 and above for it .

Koochimoochi thinks I probably selected it due to my outfit last night . 
I wore a pair of red harem pants and an off shoulder top .

He could be right , but the most important thing to me at that moment was whether I could fit an entire 1.5 litre water bottle in or not  .
When it passed the test , I handed over the cash without any more hesitation .



No comments: