Saturday 17 February 2018

Yunomori Onsen & Spa - soda spa , thermal waters from Kanchanaburi


Here I am at long last . 
Finally , I have made it to Yunomori Onsen & Spa in Bangkok , my 4th global spa experience after Kaohsiung , Budapest and Narita .



Somewhat similar to SzĂ©chenyi , I was issued a digital wristband to access my locker whenever I wished to . 
But that's where the similarities end . 
Had my shoe swapped for a pair of bamboo flip flops before I was ushered to the counter that issued me with my bathing kit that consists of 2 towels ( I big , 1 small ) , a kimono and obi sash as well as a set of black gauze like undies .


As per required etiquette , I thoroughly soaped and shampooed myself first before even stepping one foot into the baths .


Modelled after a Japanese public bath you might be forgiven for forgetting that you ARE right smack in the middle of traffic clogged Bangkok , if not for the modest bath wear ( those black gauze undies I mentioned earlier ) bathers prance about in here . Some ladies prefer to walk around without a stitch on , so there's your almost Japan like experience for you .





Although they recommend 1 hour max for onsen time  , I stretched it into 2 more by alternating the time spent between the few basic pools below ! If you decide to follow what I did , do make sure you drink from the water cooler regularly .

First pool you see up front is the Soda Spa , then clockwise , that's the thermal water from Wat Wang Kanai in Kanchanaburi , followed by the jet bath , the cold bath ( about 17°C ) , with a herbal steam room and a Soda Shower beside the cold pool .
There are 2 individual outdoor teak bathing tubs , as well as a common outdoor tub . Whenever I was in the Soda Spa , I found myself enjoying the cool breeze from the door to the outside pools which was left open .

 Photo credit : Foursquare user 

Yes , with the amount of time I spent oversoaking , I probably attained Zen at a certain juncture before I decided to wrap things up and leave for the day .
No photography was allowed inside you see , these lanterns were found along the corridor leading to the men's onsen .



As I was about to be reunited with my sturdy Vincci's , this very friendly man showed me this sign .
Of course I took up the offer !


Yup , BTS Phrom Phong is just beside Em Quartier . From the drop off point , I could catch a late lunch at the famous Rung Ruang , fishball and pork noodle stall . The tomyam is actually Tom Khlong for your info .

Muah looking pretty spongy from all that therapeutic water , hopping on board the tuk tuk without hesitation .



Tata for now Yunomori , you were wonderful and if I am in town , I'll definitely come visit you again !


Location : Bangkok 

No comments: