Sunday 18 February 2018

Shirt dress with a wow factor


After years of searching , I finally found a shirt dress that I like and fits me .
Took in 4 sizes with me to the dressing room , S , M , L and XL  and despite me having eaten like a Sharpei unleashed into buffet heaven for the past few days , my weight has neither gone up , nor has it gone down . And although I still have some love handles jiggling and sticking out , I'm not gonna let it bother me . In the end , I settled for size S .



Because it's smaller , the 3 quarter sleeves draw a flattering emphasis to the chest region , meaning I'll have to wear it with 2 buttons open .
Now that's bow wow factor number one there .

And the skirt is much tighter than the what you see in the bottom pic , which is pretty sexy actually seeing how it buttons all the way down before a slit up centre .
Wow factor number 2 .



When I put it on , it actually looks more like this on muah .
Again , kindly add on more pounds to the model below especially on the bottom and mid tummy region .



Ironing and careful washing required due to the faded look , this marks the first all cotton dress I own under the Filanto label .

I do hope it lasts longer than the striped top I purchased from P & Co last year . That's a bit too large for me now till I have to have it altered for a better fit .

But in the meantime , I'm gonna enjoy this look which was first wildly popularised by Lady Diana in the 80s minus the up collar just cos I don't want to go that way .
Can't seem to find the picture on the net but I do remember that she wore one in this manner .



She was so fashion forward and still is , you know those vintage frilly collared Victorian dresses you see in H & M ? She was ( in my eyes ) the first person who made us go mad over them too !





No comments: