Friday 16 March 2018

Handcrafted beaded earrings all the way from Kapit


You simply cannot compare a distinctive earring from Lovisa to some of these earrings I made a special order for recently .
Yes the following earrings pictured below are waaaay different from a Lovisa but they are no less outstanding and stunning , that's what I can say ! 

So I found this lady on facebook and I wanted a specific variation on the colour to match that tribal necklace .
Then lo and behold , she showed me this design , which promptly made me ask her for 3 different colour combos .



Their beading skills have been passed down through many generations and in this rather complex design , the feat is pretty apparent , I know I won't be able to replicate this .


Real stunners don't you think ?


All of the earrings you see here are handcrafted and came all the way from Kapit , Sarawak .
The crafter gave me a tracking number for the shipment and that gave me some form of entertainment as I marvelled at how this little package made its way from Kapit to Sibu to KLIA , processed in 3 centres in Penang before it finally reached me .


When I put the above one on ....wham ! I know I'm gonna wear that quite often as it looks like a willowy leaf .....so very elegant and beautiful all at once .




No comments: