Monday 2 April 2018

FD 4.4


Don't you just love the internet ?
Without it , I would have never known that I could negotiate over the paltry sum I placed in my Fixed Deposit .





Last March , I placed an FD with a 4.15 % return . When I surrendered my cert last week , the lady teller at first told me that I could only get 4% to 4.1% upon renewal .

" Aiyo why so little leh ? "

So I got round to being no nonsense about wanting more .
I told her about the much higher rate other banks were offering and all of a sudden she recalled that it was the last day for this particular promotion .

First she got the bank manager to give me the green light but I was not convinced because it had some attached term which made me rather uncomfortable .
The next thing she said made me sign over the transfer immediately .

" He just bought some for himself "

Well , I took a good look at the man and sized up that he looks like he is the type who buys a shoe worth a thousand upward for his feet paired with a 50 ringgit shirt on his back , the wise company group accountant type you know ..... ok lah count me in !

Then I asked her if she bought some for herself .
She told me her ASB gave her better returns at 6.2 or 6.7 can't recall .

" Oh of course , why should you when that is better eh ? "

Anyway , there is nothing to get jealous over or label as unfair , if you are like me and want free access to your money at anytime , yet want some reasonable returns , 4.4 is as good enough for me . Even though it is just for 6 months and last I heard there was one which ties you down for 2 years at 4.65 % , I'm happy with this .
No actually , I'm not happy , I was delirious and couldn't believe my luck when she told me this , but I kept a cool face and still looked a bit suspicious and annoyed at the same time .....it's an art that takes fine tuning .

Right where were we , yep , it's not because I don't have a choice but because I believe jealousy actually makes you age faster and look as ugly as the thoughts you have stored inside of your head and your heart . So keep it clean , and you will age more gracefully than others who are younger than you ;)

That's a huge tip from me . It's still not too late for you to start .
Accept ageing and don't fret too much over money or other people's achievements or your apparent lack off , ok ?

Here'a another huge tip if you want things to go your way . Dress to kill in your most breathtaking office wear best or saunter into the bank in your absolutely BEST top to toe , coordinated from shoe to bag , workout clothes . Sure helped me secure this rate ;) 

Unless you are a torn pagoda shirted ahpek with hundreds of millions in your account , this is your other tool to command some attention and get things done your way no matter how laughable an amount you have in there .
NO I'm NOT kidding .


No comments: