Saturday 5 May 2018

Wan's Nasi Kukus Kelantan - Island Glades


Update : they are closed till the 14th of May ( I assume it is because the boys are going back to vote ) so please hold your horses and drop in only after that date 

**********

Last night I was actually on the lookout for a chu cha place which could whip up something with soy sauce for me , when I stumbled upon this stall right smack inside the circle of neighbourhood shoplots in Island Glades .




I'll admit that I do not know much about Kelantanese cuisine .
Last time we were in Kota Baru , we popped into a just few places and I wasn't impressed .
But right now , I was willing to give it another go you know , as I want to try something different and it did look so cute since it came served in a flat basket and what used to be wax paper but is now essentially brown paper coated with plastic film .


The chicken was well marinated .
I could make out cekor root and satay flavour amongst the ingredients . It was nice just a bit dry .
But honestly , I didn't really like the sauce nor the rice maybe cos I have had minimal exposure to the cuisine from that state .



It's almost a complete departure from Malay food from other states . 
Even the sambal is greenish , while the curry sauce is something I am not used to . 

However , the very reasonable price does make it right .
Just 5 ringgit for the whole set . The good thing is the chicken is fried in small batches , so the possibility of you getting it fresh out of the wok is quite high .

Ok lah , not bad lah , can eat lah , overall .
On the other hand , now when I have a craving for Malay fried chicken at night , I'll probably make my way here . Tasty !

Location : Island Glades , Penang
Opening hours : night 




No comments: