Wednesday 20 June 2018

Monki - theatre of masks


Hubs walked into Monki today to look for me and got a shock of his life .
" There were 3 guys in there.... "
( this outlet is just next to 4 Fingers )
" they were hugeeeeeee !
at least 6 feet tall ...."
( someone is obviously short )
" What were they doing in there ? Were they actually looking for clothes ? Cos I looked everywhere and there was no menswear ! "
( at this point I started laughing )

I explained that yeah , they probably were searching for Diva wear .....you know those you see dressed to the  nines on a tacky stage in Pattaya ? Yeah those type of big guys . Which pretty much explains the wall of shredded foil curtains in the display window .





Actually I was shocked too .

There was so much Honky Tonk fashion everywhere ,tackiness , coupled with oversized fashion that makes skinny young girls look like they're bizarre bag ladies ,  I actually started looking in earnest for something more decent !


Basically how I found this monochrome midi skirt .
Called the All Over Face Print Skirt .
Somehow , I seem to have a penchant for wearing abstract faces on my bottom .
In this case it seems to be derived from the theatrical Thalia and Melpomene masks . 



In a nutshell , Monki has a number of loud clothes which I might return for . Plus there's currently a sale ongoing so do check it out if you're a fan of this Swedish retailer .



No comments: