Tuesday 7 August 2018

We almost played tag , the green lion and I



Initially , the whole intention of me posing for the camera , ( yes that's me , Chun Li wannabe in yellow ) , was for the torch bearers to remain in the background .






And then whaddaya know .....this naughty , playful Green Chinese Lion , snuck up from behind me and well , that caught me by surprise , so , you're really seeing a candid shot below !




A spark was triggered upstairs and I ended up chasing the lion dance team through the Heritage Enclave . From Little India to Khoo Kongsi , then Armenian Street and back to the starting point .




The entire ensemble was actually part of a torch run but as you can see , I was more smitten by these fellas that it came to a point where they thought it was very funny . I was acting as if I'd never seen a lion dance before in my life .
Hey , lemme tell you , this was pretty special for me , you know ?




At last ,when we finally reached the Chinese Town Hall , the lion dancer behind the Green Lion did the unexpected .....
he lifted the lion head high up for a big reveal !

Awwwww.....isn't that the best smile beaming back at you ever ?

Such a playful handsome fella don't you think ?
I think he's cute and I take that smile as a reward for all that stalking lolz ! 


No comments: