Tuesday 1 May 2012

( NH ) One night at Super Tanker - Lip Sin


Judging from my 'night' posts, you might think I am a 500 year old vampire's descendent by now.
Coincidentally, I am not alone as there are lots of Penangites roaming the streets from 11pm onwards for a drink or a bite. Or maybe I am just consoling myself over my tendency to want to wander around when the moon is up.

This being the eve of labour day, we end up here because I never forgot how good their pineapple fried rice was ( not recommended ! I came here 5 months afterwards and they had the cheek to fry belacan fried rice with pineapples this time ), as well as the seafood with fish stomach soup .

Anticipation building up, I walk up to this stall.  " Boh liao loh " FINISH.... 
left only the Belachan Fried Rice and the Green Curry Chicken Rice set with white rice.

I give her the go ahead while He orders something else from another stall.





TL. Never chewed so slow before.
The thai belacan is weird tasting like eating sweet fluffy rice with fried belacan powder.
Topped off with raw onions, young mango, scrambled eggs, thick anchovies and a sweet brown chicken curry, this is most unagreeable.

I want to kick myself .





Enter the Green Curry.

Tastewise,no different from the dish above. Not only that it looks like something scooped out from the muddy banks of a Khlong with a green kaffir lime leaf sticking up in surrender. Eee...






I got envious at first as I thought he made the better, more sensible call, in ordering the Koay Kak.
Standard. Typical.Dependable, salty Penang koay kak.
Too bad my tastebuds have been screwed up by the 2 entities above.





Still, we tuck in until this comes.

WTH. Looks the same.Tastes almost the same. Colour also the same lah as dish no3.

Mak oi !

He grins, we stare him down. We give up but he happily tucks in because this is also standard dependable spicy,Penang ckt on any normal given day.





I admit we both screwed up ordering appetite killers tonight.

Next time, if the pineapple fried rice and seafood soup is sold out, we either leave or choose between ckt or kk only not BOTH.

Location : Taman Lip Sin

Directions : with Sg Nibong bus stop on your right,go straight till you come to the first traffic light, turn left at the block of flats, this foodcourt is an open air corner lot less than 100 metres from it.

No comments: