Thursday 13 December 2012

Kuta Bali , Paya Terubong ( NH )


Besides the usual Penang fare, this place also offers un-Penang dishes such as KL Rojak , Sarawak Kolo Mee and Filipino food .




I should have scooted off like this lady in the picture, once I saw those dishes above but I didn't





...because a stall that declared that they were King of ( perasan) , caught my eye.
They serve their pakchamkeh skinless ( what's the point ? )
Doused in sesame oil that smells like cockroach fart.
Meat is very tender but taste is capital fail




Never mind that, I reached out for my soya bean drink which the waiter told me
" kakipau" .
 I'd like to meet the chef who taught them to mix soya milk with vanilla flavour and the insides of a cardboard carton.

Bungkui lah like this. How to be inspired enough to try other stalls when two fail proof items turn out like this ? Maybe. Never.


No comments: