Thursday 13 December 2012

$100 Grilled Platter at Lebanon ( U )


Update March 2013 :

The whole plate was overburnt.
No idea if the staff was sleeping on the job or what but tsk tsk, someone's got to watch over the cooks in the kitchen.

Earlier post
----------------------------

Lebanon is my current 'crazy about' makan place and these are the private rooms which we should have requested if we wanted to not look so fwah...kwacheong..
Actually they are reserved for Arab ladies to dine in private and not so much for big eaters who don't want anyone to know how much they can eat


But he and I not paiseh at all.
We took the plunge and ordered their $100 grill platter today. Then tag team polished it out in the open.
Only peeve of mine is the waiter always assumes that since I am the larger species out of the two , I eat more. Hence they will always take care to push the lion's share in front of me.
They will soon discover that it should have been the other way around.
I know we're being watched



I took 3 kebabs ( 2 lamb, 1 chicken ) , 1 tomato, 3 small chicken breast chunks ( very good ) and I lamb shoulder.
He ate the rest !
Including the chillies and onions ( how the heck does he stay so small ?) Had to badger him to cut some skin out from the grilled chicken for me.



The bread was the only thing we couldn't finish because they serve it dry, without any curry.
Much better tasting than most hotel grills if I may add, and surprisingly not very heaty. That's the number one reason why we've been repeatedly coming back time after time.

Location : Batu Ferringhi

Directions : keep a look out for it on the left, after Omar al Khayyam restaurant in Batu Ferringhi.



No comments: