Wednesday 20 February 2013

Koay Teow Thng - Bangkok chinatown style


You can speak in Hokkien to the proprietor here.
 


They seem to love using kangkong here in Bangkok




The inside of the shop is pretty grimy, greasy and unkept.
Pretty much the norm in this part of town.
Kinda makes me loose my appetite, so we end up ordering one bowl just to try out


Holy camolee !
While I found the noodles a bit too chor lor ( thick ) for my liking ( see pic )
 the fishballs and fish cake, on the other hand, were a revelation !
Reminded me of a shop along
Jalan Bukit Bintang in the 70s.
You can't even get stuff like this in Ipoh anymore.
I wanna tapek him. This is one sifu.


Expected the soup to taste like Pama instant noodles stock but no, it is totally different, what they serve here.
What you can add on to make it more Thai, are these condiments on the table.
 Go easy on the chilli flakes though. 
I learnt this the hard way one night by a dark pathway , eons ago, when I mistook it for fried onions and ladled 2 soup spoons full into my soup.


Price : no idea if he chopped us, but we paid around RM5 for this one bowl

Taste : he could be really famous in KL and Ipoh if he opened a stall in either town

Shop hygiene : zero

Location : somewhere in the mind boggling labyrinth that is Chinatown

No comments: