Tuesday 3 December 2013

Mavera Cafe & Restaurant - Camlica Hill


This was one of the times where I really wanted to kick myself for not bringing along a better camera, still, I'm gonna go ahead and post my dark, blurry pics up because I ended up really impressed with both the food and service . The restaurant is on Camlica Hill, in Uskudar, the Asian side of Istanbul. Many restaurants dot the area, this one seems a little more 'up' than others, judging from the make of cars parked outside the premises.



Besides the stunning view of the Bosphorus Bridge, highly visible from the dining room, personally, I just love dining here. If there were such a place in Penang, I'd probably be a regular.There are hill top restaurants in Penang , but the food, um...well, you know,no need to elaborate.



Inside Mavera looking out. Good food . Good atmosphere.  Service is professional , unobtrusive. The moment you walk through the door the manager especially, and his staff just wanna make you feel like a VIP. Now, that, I super like.


Of all things, we just had to go order tea and coffee when there was a Hookah lounge with obviously hooked lounge lizards out there.

But because I've never learnt to savour the pleasures of the sisha, we'll just have to make do with the usual. 




Ordered Mixed grill . To our surprise, it was deeeelicious !
The price is a little higher , portion smaller, but again, like I said, I don't mind because the view is amazing !



When the time came for us to board the bus, the manager came running out with the glove we'd left behind. Gasp. Wearing a big smile. What did I tell you ? He's just such a great guy, lemme tell you. 

Facebook page ( great pics of the place here ) : www.facebook.com/MaveraCafeRestaurant 
Location : Uskudar, the Asian side of Istanbul.

No comments: