Wednesday 15 October 2014

Sau Tao - XO Sauce Scallop noodles ( non halal )


I'm not into the whole Penang Curry hoopla but I certainly have a craving for pungent  Hong Kong style dry wantan noodles. After I first ate this, I told myself, omg, if I were homesick or longing for some good old Hong Kong noodles, this one will do just the trick. 
Been months since the shelves were restocked and I wasted no time in grabbing some.
Nowadays, the wantan mee sold at the hawker stalls is so suspect....I seriously wonder if I'm gonna die from boric acid poisoning thus I try not to eat as much of the dish. Keep it to a minimum while I gorge on this one.

 


By the way, if you're wondering who that person on the noodle cover is...well, he's Eric Tsang , a famous Chinese comedian. 
Found myself chuckling at the brand name. Sau Tao roughly means slim head while this actor literally has a big head . Guess he's got a share in it.



Anyway, this time around, I say Amen, thank goodness they have decided to restock the shelves. I love you Eric Tsang. You have saved my miserable existence. 

Now no one needs to fly into Hong Kong that often again just to get their ratty Chinese comfort food fix.

Don't forget to go claim your free gift at the customer service counter. You're supposed to get a single packet of assorted noodles from Noodle King . 
Not bad. At least I can take a sample and decide whether I want to purchase a multipack after that.
Settled on the Lobster soup and Abalone Chicken



How to cook this : 
Boil the noodles , toss it, place in a bowl of cold water, toss again. Place in hot water,drain, then add the sauce mix. Serve together with char siew or shredded chicken meat , wantan and some preboiled sawi vegetable.

Price : RM12.90 

Got it from : Aeon

No comments: