Wednesday 11 February 2015

Gerai Lekor & Cucur at Lebuh Downing


After seeing the RM796 ++ minimum picture of the Prosperity Poon Choi, Shang Palace sent to my inbox, I wondered who the photographer was. Because that picture made me so hungry, the abalones were looking back at me in such a come hither manner, I even wanted to go grab some chrysanthemums to munch on. They are edible by the way.
Now, before they even deem me worthy enough to be a food tester, a real one that is, not a virtual one,  I just had to go bite something. For real. 
No, not you boy. I need some lekor , ( a type of fish fritters from the East coast states mixed with a lot of flour ) and I need it now. 





Actually, I don't understand why this stall isn't listed on foursquare even. By the way ,there's just one piece of lekor on the tray right at the far end cos I took the balance kah kah kah. The cucur bawang next to it delivers a spicy kick.
In fact everything else here is scrumptious. Cekedok pisang, those round balls, are spongey , bouncy and just a wee bit sticky.
Not to mention quite cheap. You can still grab a few small pieces of lekor for RM1. But don't pressure the chef. She's the lady in tudung behind him. We Malaysian ladies like to cook at our own pace without breaking a sweat. Hurry us and you might get a ladle or a browful glare.



How to find this :
Look for the Penang GPO or HSBC Bank on Downing Street.  They're across the GPO and on the left side of the road beside the bank. Operating hours till around 5 or 6 pm.

No comments: