Wednesday 23 December 2015

Soon to be a privileged view


The stretch of beach along Bayan Bay is quite a sight . Waters are shallow and there's a cluster of fish farms next to Jerejak Island . Years ago , I put a hand held fish net in and to my surprise , caught some fine krill .

However , this is how Penang is developing today . 
The view is just as stunning but I seriously will not dip my foot in that dirty water.

The botak hill has attained an hour glass shape and while the rest of the importees will argue that progress is good , to board up a beautiful view such as this is just plain wrong .

Update : today's The Star newspaper carries this article. Defelle definitely fell for the bait . 

www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2015/12/23/project-okayed-this-year-not-2013/





In October 2012 , I posted a blogpost about the free view here :


Compare the pictures in that article to this picture above .

The food operators here tell me that the developers had initially boarded this area up but they removed the hoarding .

Although I have absolutely no ' koli ' to move mountains , I hope that when you have the time to visit this place , well , you'd better hurry up and do so because it seems the sweet little sand bed in that picture above will soon be filled in . 
Homes will stand in its place . 

I'm not telling you where to place your support but just letting you know what is happening to the island  right now . One day , there will be no privilege of a free sea view left for our children . All thanks to who we chose as our bedfellows to champion our causes  .

We made our bed , can we live in it ? 

Location : Penang 



No comments: