Monday 14 March 2016

Deep fried baby crabs - Tamago kani is very yummy


Been ages since I last feasted on a whole fleshy , sweet and meaty crab with roe . No thanks to that stomach churning crab tale to do with the Umno Tower collapse .
Seem to have effectively lost my appetite for those kind of crabs ever since .

But I just could not resist this when I saw it on the menu . It's not often that you can find it in Penang . So , so , sooooo yummy and scrumptious , lap up everything and crunch together the gills , legs , head , eyes !!! ...everything in a few dainty bites .




Honestly do not know what species of crabs they belong to . But these are a thousand times better than the soft shell crabs I tried in Bangkok a month or more ago .




Coated with a savoury flour , you can definitely taste the egg flavour . Very delicious , in fact , it was so good , we ordered a second helping . 




Anyway , the most notable change was the rise in prices of the dishes offered at this pig out hole of mine , which has now gone global beginning with Indonesia and the Middle East .

And while I am amazed at their efficient running of the show , today I saw a bunch of Malay ladies in stylish hijab hiding in one corner to eat here . 
There was no halal sign , so I think they know what waters they were entering into , as they were locals , from the way they were dressed . One thing I know is that they avoided eye contact with other diners .

Could be , that some of them are so fed up with all the restrictions that they just don't want to care anymore . I don't know. I'm not them . Nor have I walked a mile in their shoes .
Just thinking out loud .


No comments: